Since 2000s the agenda of major developing nations – China, India, Thailand, the Philippines, etc. – has been to develop world-class private universities. Many growth as well as development strategies are introduced by developing parts of the world to build the best research universities and institutions. A large number of countries and their respective educationalists are dedicated to introduce the finest academic excellence. Developing nations are sparing no effort to build the best-in-class research facilities to get hold of the perceived academic eminence. Likewise, developed parts of the world are maintaining their positions of global leaders in the realm of education. How has private educational academic centers gained such prominence in the contemporary world? Find out by reading further…
What’s the societal role of universities?
World-class universities are esteemed research engines that drive the economy and talent of developing as well as developed nations. Top University North India contribute substantially to:-
- Create and disseminate world-beating knowledge
- Educate tomorrow’s workforce for attaining intellectual and technological leaderships
- Serve the ever-changing requirements of global society
- Set up a platform for nurturing high-quality knowledge that can bring novelties in the global stage
The concept of world-class, private academic centres
Every top ranked university in India does a lot of hard work to have the envious status of an independent educational institution. Also referred to as Flagship research institutions, the private universities become world leaders if they have:-
- Talented students having high-quality lives
- Excellent research and development framework
- Highly qualified faculty
- Pedagogy that complies with international standard
- Academic freedom
- Well-equipped, technologically advanced facilities for research, teaching and administration
- Premium infrastructure
- Autonomous governance structures
- Lots of funding coming from several Governmental and Nongovernmental Organizations
Concentration of talent, presence of abundant resources and autonomous governance are, by far, the most common features found at top private research institutions.
What University Grants Commission (UGC) often looks for while labelling a university world-class?
Many scholars, educationalists, policy makers and institutional administrators define a private research institution the best by analysing its:-
- Quality of education
- Research output
- Infrastructural power
A couple of other characteristics
Outstanding, independent private educational centers are part of well-lubricated educational machinery. A few other characteristics of a renowned, private university are:-
- Environment – Such type of universities fosters in an environment that depicts –
- Healthy competitiveness
- Unrestrained scientific inquiry
- Critical thinking
- Industry-oriented, flexible course structure – High levels of academic independence are enjoyed by every world-class private university. Such institutions have flexible course structures that change as per the dynamisms of global industries. The institutions never cave in to the pressure of age-old, cumbersome bureaucracies.
Therefore, it’s apt to say that high-quality education, talent, resources and, most importantly, research play significant role in building the best university. Prestigious universities are akin to royal empires of the past; they have to be nurtured otherwise will have to see the writing on the wall.